Full course description
This course provides enrollees with basic information on different types of bullying, effects of bullying, how bullying manifests within the profession and in apprenticeships, and the underpinnings of why bullying happens. Students explore the steps victims can take to shift from victim to survivor as well as exploring if they might be both bully and victim. The course also provides NCMs position statement on incivility, bullying and workplace violence.
- Reaffirm New Handbook
- Highlight Specific Policies
- Technology Training
- How to navigate various assessments within Canvas (uploading files, text box entry, quizzes)
- Adult teaching and learning
- Define who fits the definition of an adult learner?
- Identifying the characteristics of an adult learner
- How Competency-based education is a tool that can create equity in learning
- Understanding the difference between formative and summative assessments
- Understand responsibility as a preceptor to FERPA compliance
- Learn to identify various types of bullying including verbal, social, physical, cyber, indirect, intimidation, emotional, racist, and sexual
- Explore the effects of bullying on the victim
- Identify common ways midwives bully each other and apprentices
- Understand what the term “power imbalance” means
- Explore the bully’s experience including their internal motivation to bully and feelings they may be experiencing
- Learn ways to set boundaries to help prevent bullying from starting
- Learn ways to move from victim to survivor and leave bullying relationships
- Explore ways to tell if you are a bully
- Become familiar with the NCM Position Statement on Incivility, Bullying and Workplace Violence
- Define Cultural sensitivity and versatility
- Understand the Clinical teaching requirements of clinical sites
- Understand ways to engage in Self Care for the Midwife
- Know resources NCM offers for Keeping Organized and Students on Track
- Read appropriate sections from the Learning Materials/Resources.
- Completes written self-reflection assignments.
- Complete quizzes
- Update credentials with the college
- Complete Evaluation of the Course