OOH Transport Considerations Course is a Course
OOH Transport Considerations Course
Time limit: 365 days
Full course description
- Review practice guidelines for clinical scenarios that require transport to a medical facility.
- Specifically discuss etiology and management detailed in "Emergency Transport" in Part IV of the NM Practice Guidelines.
- Review current evidence and guidelines around transport criteria.
- Review and understand the Homebirth Summit Guidelines "Best Practice Guidelines for Transfer from Planned Home Birth to Hospital".
- Be familiar with current standards of practice in the field of midwifery
- Know what information clients should be educated about before a transport is necessary
- Be familiar with how informed decisions during normal client care can affect transportations.
- Understand the variability in practice guidelines and choose the clinical orientation most appropriate for practice and clientele
- Understand the best legal documentation when a client refuses transportation.
- Address and be clear about what your personal limits are around transportation.
- Understand the importance of verbal code-switching.
- Consider how attire is a form of code-switching.
- Learn about charting transports.
- Know how to transfer a chart
- Understand the importance of addressing the trauma that occurs with transports.
- Considerations concerning debriefing and peer review.
- How to follow up with receiving entities.
- Understanding your role at the hospital.
- Upload sample documentation of client education on transports
- Upload sample practice documentation of client refusals to transport
- Write policies and procedures for transportation
- Create a transport location map and direct numbers
- Create sample transport documentation to be provided to the receiving entity